Call for Artists: 10th Annual Member’s Show, 2021
As Chestertown RiverArts reopens and welcomes visitors back into the Gallery, we are excited to call for artists to submit work for our Annual Members’ Show, where we showcase the fine work of our talented community of member artists. The Annual Members’ Show celebrates the variety and vibrancy of the arts in our community and is favored by artists and viewers alike.
To keep Gallery drop off logistics manageable, entries are limited to one piece per member, so we are asking RiverArts members to select their best piece to submit. As always, it is an open theme in which artists may choose their own subject and all mediums are welcome.
We look forward to seeing you and your pieces in gallery again.
Please scroll down to read the exhibit guidelines and to fill out the registration form at the bottom of the page. Once form is submitted, check your inbox for a confirmation with the link to upload your image. (Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation).
If you're not already a member, it is not too late to join and participate in the show!
Exhibition Dates: June 30th – July 26th
First Friday: July 2nd, 5:00 – 8:00 pm (No refreshments will be offered this month)
Drop Off: Sunday, June 27th, 2:00 – 3:00 pm / Monday, June 28th, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Pick Up: Sunday, July 25, 2:00 - 3:00 pm / Monday, July 26, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Artists/Curator talk: TBA
RiverArts Exhibition Guidelines and Policies
- Artists must complete a registration form prior to or at the time of submission.
- Art to be hung on walls should be dry and securely wired according to weight with appropriate wire fasteners. Sawtooth hangers are not accepted except under special circumstances and prior approval.
- Art submitted may not have been previously shown in a RiverArts exhibit.
- Art should be original. Reproductions of paintings or drawings such as giclees printed on canvas or paper are not accepted.
- Lithographs, etchings and other printmaking works of art should be created by the artist, numbered and signed.
- Photographic prints, digital and film, should be printed from the artists’ negative or digital file, ideally, by or under the direction of the artist, and numbered and signed.
- Works on paper should ideally be framed behind glass or plexiglass.
- Unframed works of fine art are accepted if appropriately finished and wired for hanging.
- Works of art requiring special or unusual display structures should be submitted along with the structure for display.
- Artists submitting work are entering into a contract at the time of submission, giving permission for the work to remain at the gallery until the end of the show unless special circumstances warrant otherwise.
- All work must be for sale unless the curator has solicited the work for a special circumstance.
- A 35% commission is taken by RiverArts for all sales.
- Artists pay $10 registration fee
- Artists submitting work must drop off and pick up (or arrange with a friend to drop off and pick up) art during the scheduled dates and times Late entries will not be accepted and RiverArts does not have adequate storage space to safely store and protect your art after the exhibit is over.
- Failure to follow these guidelines may result in your work not being accepted in the exhibit.
Scroll down to fill out the registration form.
Please contact Sue Wilson if you do not receive a confirmation or if you have additional questions: suewilson@ChestertownRiverArts.org or call 410.778.6300 / 443-480-4980 (cell)
We welcome donations to support our mission, “Growing community, creativity, and connection through the Arts."
Banner image attribution: "Moonlight on the Marsh" by Georgette Toews